domingo, 19 de septiembre de 2010

STRUGGLING

It was the night of 24th December. I was very nervous, I wanted to open the box and see what I asked, a Game Boy Advance SP. I opened the box thinking that it was a watch, but it wasn’t! I was astonished.

Every 24th of December all kids sing Christmas carols home by home, and they get money for it. My brother used to go to great lengths to get a lot of money. I was a bit ashamed of singing to strangers, so I used to do it half- heartedly. My brother used to get one hundred euros, and me, I had never got more than forty five.

That 24th I woke up thinking that I was going to do the same of all 24th of December: sing a bit and get my thirty euros. When I was having breakfast, my mother told me: I know that you want the new Game Boy, but you will have to get eighty euros if you want to receive it. I felt disappointed, why did my mother wanted me to get eighty euros? That day I struggled to get that amount of money, but I only got sixty. I hadn’t get eighty, so I knew I wasn’t going to be given the Game Boy.

Unexpectedly, I received it, why? I think because my mother saw that I really struggled to get that amount of money. My mother didn’t want me to get eighty euros, she wanted to see me fighting to get what I wanted, that’s why I received the present.

1 comentario:

  1. What's up Julen!! Good organization and use of vocabulary. I didn't know that Christmas caroling was common in Zarautz!
    Remember:

    ask for a present (not ask a present)

    you must quote what someone says properly - with quotation marks.

    hadn't got (not hadn't get)

    ResponderEliminar